In my career, I have been licensed and employed at both, and there are many similarities. Such as helping people with their retirement, investing, financial planning, money management and so forth. However, there is a key difference in what is called “captivity,” as well as how we engage a client and how we make our money. One puts the client first, the other the company first.
A Financial Advisor
- We charge, usually $1,500+ to meet with a client.
- We need to have a significant amount ready to invest, such as $250,000 or more.
- We are captive to one company and thus only offer those products and services.
- We have a biased opinion that suites our company and profit margin.
- We usually only engage in variable accounts that have a significant loss risk.
- We employ high-pressure sales techniques and will try to sell you what you may not need.
- We work specific hours and are hard to get a hold of.
- We require minimum assets to invest.
- We have quotas and work in an overstressed environment.
- We engage in hard sales. And, we cannot offer any guarantees or bonuses.
- We manage your money; well, actually we check on it time to time.
A Financial Professional:
- We do not charge fees to meet with you.
- We do not have a minimum to invest requirements.
- We are non-captive, so we can search the various companies and plans that are best for you. I have over 300 A+ rated companies that I can use to put together the best plan for you and or your business.
- We work for the benefit of you the client.
- We have all the usual investment strategies, as well as programs such as index strategies that others do not offer or have the right licenses for.
- We focus on education; we teach you how to manage your money or we can do it for you.
- We have no quotes or high-pressure sales.
- We are usually independent, so we work when you want and need us.
- We keep on top of things, informing clients to make decisions themselves.
- We do more for you and offer more programs such as help on your debt.
- We can offer guarantees and everything you need.
We have a mission: We are committed to do the best job possible for our clients over any organization. Our motto is no family left behind and Mission before the commission!
For help with insurance, business plans, debt management, and rolling over 401k’s to a secure high yielding retirement fund with tax advantages, that will not lose your money, give us a shout, we are here to help you. firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not provide tax or legal advice. Each client’s tax and financial situation is unique. Clients should consult their tax and or legal advisor for information concerning their situation.
Dr. Richard Krejcir is a licensed and experienced Financial Consultant with over thirty years of experience. He has worked for major banks, insurance companies, nonprofits, and families too. He is also an author, pastor, Special Ed Teacher, and financial blogger and holds a doctorate in Stewardship.