“The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender.” Proverbs 22:7
The Government and Banks Do Not Want you to Know How Money Works!
This is why finance and money management are not taught in public schools. There are no classes on budgeting, taxes, financial anything, just math that 99% of the students will never use. And, I am a public-school math teacher, I am not allowed to teach it.
Besides the world’s money games and distractions, there is a dark world of personal finance that wants your money and wants you to spend, spend and spend and get into as much debt as possible. Financial institutions benefit from our ignorance. Banks and related industries profit in the billions from our unawareness of how money works. You will not find a High School class on personal finance, although there used to be. I used to teach them. It will be ignored on college campuses while credit applications are handed out like candy on Halloween. At the same time, personal earnings have hardly moved since the 80’s relative to inflation. Meanwhile, home prices, rents and goods have skyrocketed out of control. Except for the top Executives and CEOs who have never made more money. And where does all that income to the upper 1% come from? Mostly those of us who overspend on what we do not need. So, the rich become richer, the cost of living goes up and living in a major city is unaffordable for most.
“Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5
Then, there is government overreach that enables the bad practices of the big banks, brokerage houses and financial institutions. Our Government is repealing many of our consumer protections, so cooperate greed can better prey on the ignorant sheep. (Remember, we elect those people; elections have consequences. You can elect them out.) They are also hard at work invading Social Security, which is not government funded, rather we the people paid into it, so they are in fact stealing from us.
“How much better to get wisdom than gold, to get insight rather than silver!” Proverbs 16:16
Yet, there is hope if you know the game and refuse to play it their way.
- Be aware on how you spend your money. Take a look at your statements and keep track of your spending. Then ask yourself, “what can I do better, what is working, what is not working and what do better. What can I do to be in a better place financially?” Make conscience money decisions. Look to your future while also making sure you can navigate today.
- If it says, “it is convenient,” actually no it is not! Do not fall into the increase income equals increased spending trap. The new bigger house, the new, more expensive car, a whole new wardrobe… If you make more, then save more. Prepare yourself for the future.
- How to stick to a budget? “Tell your money what to do, do not let your money tell you what to do.” I heard this from my grandfather years ago, and we used this phrase in our seminars over the years.
- If it says, “buy now and save.” NO! You will only save if you just buy what you need. If you don’t buy and then you actually really save! Be discerning! Do not cave into deceptive advertisement. You do not need to keep up with the rest.
- Open an investment account. This will give you access to the best way to build your future. Even in today’s tough stock market times, there are investments that are working. I can show you what and how. And, you do not have to be rich to make it so.
- Do not obsess over money. Be discerning and diligent to your best ability, but do not stress yourself out either. Being preoccupied with greed is as bad as stressing over the little things. Want a better future and plan for today too.
- Need more money? If you are like many, and you do not make enough money look for a part time gig that you will enjoy. What are your talents and how can you monetize that? There are a lot of cottage industries that do well. I need help selling Securities and I need people who can help families learn about finance. I have a team of people who will train you. You can make more just doing this part time.
“Do not wear yourself out to get rich; do not trust your own cleverness.” Proverbs 23:4
If you are in Southern California, my firm can help your family and business. Let me know; I can show you how to invest safe, biblically and prepare for your future… And, we are hiring!