“Isn’t the cheerfulness we feel supposed to come from the opportunity to return this small, required percentage of our blessing to Him rather than from a satisfaction with giving God some fraction of the minimum that he asked us to give?” And the answer everyone to this is…? YEA! (Quotes from a missionary in Asia with whom we work.)
- Being a cheerful giver is about responding to God, not to our conveniences.
- Our giving is a pale comparison to the tremendous gift of grace we have been given (John 3:16)!
- We will end up robbing God when we refuse to give, or give too little. The most important investment we could ever make is in the Kingdom of God (Mal. 3: 8)!
- Remember, it is not just our money; it is our time, treasure, and talent. So, we give our time, gifts, and abilities of commitment and service to our Lord, and to His Church.
- We must be aware that our fallen human depravity will get in the way and rationalize the behaviors that we want to do over the call of the Lord!
The precepts listed from inductive research clearly contradict the common postmodern thinking in today’s Church.